There are a few cosmetic dentistry treatments that can be used to improve the alignment of a person's teeth. Some of these treatments even give patients faster results than traditional metal braces.Braces have been the standard way to straighten teeth for nearly a century, but a large number of people would rather avoid them if…
Mouth Guards (Sports) in Alpharetta, GAAthletes in Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Duluth, and North Atlanta, Georgia who would like to protect their teeth during play can obtain mouth guards at Old Alabama Dental Care.Certain sports involve a great deal of physical contact and can result in damaged teeth. To protect teeth from damage, it is often necessary to have a mouth guard in place while participating in that sport. Mouth guards can be made for patients of all ages.
How is a mouth guard made?Dr. Taylor will begin by taking an impression of the teeth, which will then be sent to a dental laboratory. The dental laboratory will create a custom mouth guard by using a special material and then fitting it over the top of the dental mold.
What are the advantages of custom mouth guards for athletics?Mouth guards created in a dental laboratory have significant benefits over those purchased at a sporting goods store including the following:
- Feel more comfortable with custom fit
- Are more durable than over-the-counter mouth guards
- Provide better protection as it is customized to your teeth
- Can breathe more easily while wearing them
- Do not inhibit speech, making it easier to understand the wearer
- Do not interfere with dental appliances such as braces or retainers